Every year, I like to make a summer bucket list with my kids. We all add some fun ideas to the list of things we want to do during the summer and it’s a great way to quickly come up with an idea to fill extra time. This year, I’ve made a fun (FREE) printable version of our bucket list so you can download it! Just pop your e-mail address in the box below and you’ll get a printable copy sent right to your inbox! Make sure you share this post with friends and family who would enjoy using this bucket list in their towns too! I’ve included some links to OKC-specific ideas in the post below, as well as some tips for having the best summer with your family, so you’ll want to make sure you check out those as well!
- Try a New-To-You Playground
- Go to a Farmer’s Market
- Explore a Part of Town You’ve Never Been To
- Surprise a Friend or Neighbor with Chalk Art on Their Porch
- Make S’Mores (you can even do it in the oven!)
- Go On a Picnic
- Bake a New Cookie Recipe on a Rainy Day
- Go On a Hike
- Do the Selfie Scavenger Hunt
- Visit the Library
- Set realistic expectations for yourself. A lot of families want to do it all over the summer! You’ll notice that this bucket list is simple and achievable! Your kids will have fun just spending time with you, there’s no need for extravagant adventures every week.
- Extend the fun. Now that you’ve had plenty of fun during the summer, the kids are going to want to keep going when school starts again and that’s great! Have a plan for how you’ll make time to adventure with your family in the fall as well.
- Let your kids be bored. Sure, they might whine about it at first, but that’s how they learn to be creative. School-aged children often have most of their day planned out for them, so they may have to re-learn how to use free time during the summer. You don’t need to fill it for them! They’ll figure out what to do with it pretty quickly!
What are your favorite things to do with your kids over the summer? Leave your e-mail address in the box below and you’ll receive a printable copy of the Summer Bucket List and be signed up to receive my e-mail newsletter! I promise I’ll never spam you.