Do you feel like you’ve been to all the parks around town? Sometimes I feel that way too – like I’m in a rut of visiting the same place over and over. Recently, a friend invited us to try out Young Pine Community Park with her. Neither of us knew anything about the park before we went, but it was such a fun place I decided I had to share it on the blog! If you live on the east side of town (or are willing to drive that way), make sure you add Young Pine Community Park to your list! This park is featured on our Orlando Park Crawl, so check that out if you haven’t already downloaded your free copy of the checklist to explore some of Orlando’s best parks!
What we love about this park
- It’s very well maintained and always very clean (including the bathrooms!!).
- It’s gated!!! There’s a chain link fence with a gate around the playground so the kids can have much more freedom and run around wherever they want within the fenced area.
- There are separate playgrounds for younger and older kids.
- There’s a large field for soccer that Graham loves to run around.
- There are usually other kids there to play with, but it’s not too crowded.
- There are some great interactive features.
- The park is located at 5201 Young Pine Rd, Orlando, FL 32829.
- It’s open from 8AM to 8PM in the summer and 8AM to 6PM in the winter.
- Amenities: Walking trail, fishing dock, two playgrounds, sports fields, bathrooms, picnic areas, this place has it all!
Pro Tips/Good Things to Know
- There’s not much shade at either playground, so you’ll want to plan accordingly.
- Make sure you bring a towel to dry the slides if you go first thing in the morning – the dew doesn’t burn off very quickly.
- There are no “baby” swings at the park.