If you’ve been around here for any length of time, you know we love a picnic. We discovered Whispering Heights Park when we were searching for a good picnic spot. It’s all that and more, with a couple fantastic playgrounds and a beautiful arboretum with a walking trail. This one definitely needs to go on your list of parks to visit! If you’re looking for some other great parks around the OKC metro, check out the OKC Park Crawl!
Whispering Heights Park has a really fun playground theme. It looks like a giant tree house and even has little themed areas all around.
There are really unique climbing structures and a gigantic twisty slide on the area designed for bigger kids. In the little kids area there is a smaller-scale playground, swings, and a rope climbing area.
The extra tall rock wall is a really fun feature that our boys both enjoyed!
- Whispering Heights Park is located at the corner of Grandview Terrace and Meadow Lane in Edmond, OK.
- There isn’t much tree cover near the playground, so you’ll want to make sure you bring sunscreen.
What We Loved
- This park is super well-maintained.
- There are two separate areas for 2-5 year olds and 5-12 year olds. We felt comfortable allowing Delta (2.5 years old at the time) to play on the “big kids” playground and the boys (6 and 4 years old) enjoyed the playground for the little kids. It was an all-around win!
- The playground is designed with lots of visibility, so if you’re watching multiple little ones you’ll be able to easily locate all of them.
- This park really is great for a picnic. Pack a lunch or a snack and enjoy some time on the trail after the kids have burned some energy on the playground!
- There isn’t a ton of parking available at the park, but it is located in a neighborhood so you can park on the street if you need to.
Have you visited Whispering Heights Park? Tell me your favorite parts in the comments below!