Scissortail Park opened just before we moved to OKC and we’ve loved visiting it regularly. There’s so much this park has to offer and it’s not even completely finished yet! If you’re looking for a way to spend an hour (or two… or three…), Scissortail Park is the perfect place to explore. If you’re looking for some other great parks around the OKC metro, check out the OKC Park Crawl!
Let’s start with the main attraction, as far as my kids are concerned. The playground at Scissortail Park is nothing short of epic. Climbing structures? Check. Sand boxes? Check. A slide that would rival a rollercoaster? Check. This playground has it all. The last time we went, my kids played for over two hours and still didn’t want to leave.
If you’re exploring Scissortail Park on a Saturday between April and October, you have to stop by the Farmers Market.
Visiting during the winter? There are some beautiful holiday decorations and a light show on Union Terminal.
When you’ve got visitors from out of town in any season, there’s no better view of downtown OKC than walking across the Skydance Bridge. And don’t miss the opportunity to take some great family photos in Scissortail Park! There are so many fantastic spots all over.
- Scissortail Park is located off of Oklahoma City Blvd, between S Robinson Ave and S Hudson Ave.
- Metered parking is available on the street, but there are a few other parking options available.
- The park is open from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM, daily.
What We Love
- This park has been embraced by the community. It’s well-planned and there are so many wonderful areas to explore.
- The splash pad is fun and enormous. You won’t feel crowded there, even in the summer.
- Food trucks line up along Robinson Ave daily, so you can support a local small-business and not have to worry about packing a lunch!
- There is not much shade at this park, so I would recommend taking sunscreen and going early in the morning in the warmer months.
- Take a stroller if you have younger kids. This park covers a lot of ground, and you’ll be glad to have the stroller to save your shoulders.