We’ve had Round Lake Park in Oviedo in our park rotation for a while now. It’s got some great features that are unique to this park (at least among those we’ve been to) and it’s one of the stops on our Orlando Park Crawl! If you haven’t been to this one, you’ll want to make sure you check it out soon! This park is featured on our Orlando Park Crawl, so check that out if you haven’t already downloaded your free copy of the checklist to explore some of Orlando’s best parks!
Probably the best thing about this park is the shade. There are sun shades over both playgrounds (yep, there are two playgrounds!) which is SO nice for the warmer months, but even when it’s cool out it’s great to not have to worry too much about sun exposure.
The smaller playground is perfect for the younger kids. It has multiple slides that are all pretty short and the structures are very accessible for tiny legs to climb around.
Foster is generally afraid of big slides, but he went down this one with no problem!
There’s a lake at the park (hence the name) with a dock that would be perfect for fishing!
We also love that there are some nice shady spots and a pavilion for picnicking!
- Round Lake Park is located at 891 E Broadway Street, Oviedo, FL 32765.
- In addition to the playgrounds, pavilion, and dock, there are tennis, basketball, and racquetball courts.
- The park is somewhat old. The playground equipment is absolutely sturdy, but the wood on the dock is probably nearing the end of its life within the next couple of years. Just make sure you check it out before you let the kids walk out onto it and you should be just fine.
- The park isn’t the easiest to find, which may also be why it’s not usually too crowded. It’s on a residential street just off of County Road 419, so you’ll want to follow your map app closely to get to the right place.
- Because of the shade at the playground, it doesn’t dry off as quickly as other playgrounds do from the rain or morning dew. Having a towel handy for the slides would be a good idea.
What are some of your other favorite parks in Central Florida! I’m always looking for new recommendations, so leave a comment!