When I was younger, I went to Red Bug Lake Park a lot to watch my sister play soccer. I never really explored much of the rest of the park though, since I was in high school and too old for a playground. If this playground had existed when I was a kid though, I would have been begging my parents to take me. It’s epic. If you’ve never been (or even if you have) you need to take your kids! Like, now. This park is featured on our Orlando Park Crawl, so make sure you check that out for a list of other awesome parks to visit!
What We Love about Red Bug Lake Park
- There’s plenty to see and do in a relatively small area. You can even bring a fishing rod and let the kids catch some fish!
- The playground is SO. COOL. There’s a zip line, y’all. A ZIP LINE.
- There are plenty of swings.
- It’s nicely shaded around the edges of the playground.
- There are covered picnic tables and benches.
- The playground is fenced (there’s not a gate, but there’s one way in and out).
- Red Bug Lake Park is located at 3600 Red Bug Lake Road, Casselberry, Fl 32707.
- The park is open from 8 AM to 10 PM, Monday through Friday. 8 AM to 8 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- There is lots of parking available, but keep in mind that the park gets very busy especially on weekends.
- The playground is partially shaded by trees, but not entirely. If you’re planning on taking the kids when it’s sunny, make sure they wear sunscreen.
- If your kids want to ride the zip line and they’re young, make sure you’re prepared to push them back and forth a million times… it’s a blast, but it’s also a lot of work for the parents!
- The playground doesn’t have much for really young kids. Foster is almost 14 months old at the time I’m writing this post and he can ride a couple slides (with help) and the swings, but that’s pretty much it. If you’ve only got a baby, this one might not be the best park for them just yet.
- The weekends are very busy at the playground and the athletic fields. I’ve been on a Saturday morning at 10:00 and it was packed. But if you want to pretty much have the park to yourself on the weekend, head over on a Sunday morning around 9:00. Take a picnic breakfast (we grabbed some Donut King!) and you’ll have an awesome morning!