A few months ago Graham and I went to Center Lake Park in Oviedo for the first time. It’s SO much fun! Now that the weather is getting warmer, I know this is going to be one of our favorite spots. There are so many great areas and events at this park and you definitely need to check it out soon! This park is featured on our Orlando Park Crawl, so check go get your FREE copy of the checklist to explore some of Orlando’s best parks!
The playground is really well designed. There are climbing structures for the older kids, built in benches for parents to sit, and the entire thing is shaded.
As the name suggests, the park is built around small lake. There are walls around most of it, but if you’re taking young kids make sure you keep a close eye on them. The walls are a great height for adults to sit… or for toddlers to climb. It’s a pretty big drop down into the water from the wall and there aren’t any ladders to quickly get in and out. There are some swan boats that you can rent in the evenings and on weekends.
Our favorite feature of the park is definitely the splash pad. It’s pretty basic (no spinning equipment, buckets that spill water, etc.) but it’s perfect for running around and cooling off. Plus it’s free! Graham could easily have hung out there all day.
If you’re going to spend the entire day there, you’ll want to check out all of their amenities. They regularly host movie nights, holiday events, and meet and greets for dog lovers! I’d suggest going in the afternoon, grabbing snacks from the “cantina,” and visiting every part of the park. You can even play lawn chess (pieces available on the weekends), visit the veterans memorial, and bring the family dog to the small dog park they have!
- The park is located at 299 Center Lake Lane, Oviedo, FL 32765 and it’s open daily from 7AM to 9PM.
- Parking is somewhat limited, so if you’re going when there will be an event make sure you get there early.
- There is very little shade at the park (other than over the playground), so make sure you bring sunscreen and hats.
- Make sure you bring swim diapers if you go for the splash pad and your kids aren’t potty trained.
- If you’re there before anyone else, there’s a button near the steps to the splash pad to turn it on!
What’s your favorite place to take the family to play for the day? I’d love to hear about it in the comments! If you’re looking for other places to take the kids make sure you check out this post about our favorite parks in Orlando!